Review of Nelson Mandela Bay Metro investment plans
We were appointed by Stephen Berrisford Consulting who had a standing agreement with Cities Support Programme of National Treasury. The scope was the (mis)alignment of three overarching strategies of the Metro: draft spatial strategy, Built Environment Performance Plan, and Spatial Development Framework. The review revealed misalignments between spatial plans and budget allocations, and recommendations for policy reform were well received by heads of department, NMBM.
- Commissioning Agent: Stephen Berrisford Consulting, on behalf of Cities Support Programme.
- MoC Role: Direct contracting between MoC and SBC (now with Pegasys)
- March - June 2017
We rendered the following services:
- Desktop review of three strategic plans, and textual analysis of policy wording to uncover misalignments.
- Detailed review report based on latest research on planning law reform in South Africa.
- Detailed recommendations for rewording, framing, budget alignment and land use management.
Relevant links to project activities: