Market demand study - Pop-up market in Bellville CBD
We worked with City Soiree, an innovative events management company, to conduct a study into the feasibility and demand for a pop-up market in Bellville. The GTP identified this as a potential catalytic project. Considering the wide array of available markets in the area, and the demands of residents, suitable sites were deemed a public park, where a special permit was required to operate a market.
- Commissioning Agent: Greater Tygerberg Partnership
- MoC Role: Appointed by the lead contractor City Soiree.
- February to April 2017
We rendered the following services:
- Administration of 239 questionnaires and data analysis;
- Literature review and assessment of close to 40 markets in Cape Town to determine local distinctiveness;
- Audit of potential sites suitable for a market;
- Policy analysis (e.g. events permits, Parks By-law, etc) and detailed recommendations for a market operator;
- Professional report editing.
Download the project report.