Planning 4 Informality webtool
Isandla Instite appointed us to design a 'policy tracker' from scratch. An open ended brief was received to design, research, development and maintain such a tracker. After presenting the director with options, it was decided to develop Planning4Informality, which draws together data for municipal reports to assess progress towards 2019 targets for upgrading. The online webtool is a first for Isandla Institute, built by civic tech organisation Open Data Durban.
- Commissioning Agent: Isandla Institute
- MoC Role: Direct contracting between MoC and Isandla Institute
- November 2016 - August 2017
We rendered the following services:
- Analysis of close to 40 pdfs of municipal document of 8 metros (e.g. IDP, BEPP, SDBIP, budgets, etc)
- Development of scorecard matrix
- Refinement and build with Open Data Durban
- Authorship of all website copy and first 3 articles
- Hand over to Isandla Institute for 2017/18 analysis and ongoing maintenance.