Departmental Strategy for Habitat for Humanity SA
Habitat for Humanity SA has traditionally been known for mobilising corporate volunteers for 'build days' in township environments. We supported the Advocacy and Programme Departments to develop programmes of action in line with a strategic reorientation of the organisation to be more active in participatory informal settlement upgrading. Some of the outcomes of the strategy were a series of 'Practitioners Platforms' which we designed as a sector capacity building initiative backed up with position statements.
- Commissioning Agent: Habitat for Humanity SA
- MoC Role: Direct contracting between MoC and HFHSA
- 2014 - 2015
We rendered the following services:
- Production of two overarching position statements on participatory upgrading and housing consolidation in line with Habitat for Humanity Global Housing Indicators.
- Curated and presented two-day training workshop on tendering for government work for participating NGOs
- Presented new strategy to HFHSA Board of Directors
- Designed other initiatives including the Practitioners' Platform.
Relevant links to project activities:
- Article: Habitat for Humanity SA article on Practitioners' Platform.