Guide for municipal officials on participatory upgrading
We were appointed by Isandla Institute to support the Urban Land Programme to produce a 30,000 word Guide for municipality officials on conducting informal settlement upgrading projects (e.g. UISP) in a more empowering and participatory way.
- Commissioning Agent: Isandla Institute
- MoC Role: Direct contracting between MoC and Isandla Institute
- June - October 2017
We rendered the following services:
- Sole authorship of 30,000 report
- Presentation to Reference Group
- Hand over to Isandla Institute for final design
Relevant links to project activities:
- None (final design process of report in progress)
Conceptualisation, design, research and wording of Planning for Informality
Production of a 30,000 word Guide for officials on participatory informal settlement upgrading.
Design and research of a departmental strategy including training programme and sector capacity building.
Curate and faciliate a 5 day training course for 50 non-metro officials
Support the production of 10 analytical reports of enumeration data on close to 100,000 informal households.