Guide for municipal officials on participatory upgrading
We were appointed by Isandla Institute to support the Urban Land Programme to produce a 30,000 word Guide for municipality officials on conducting informal settlement upgrading projects (e.g. UISP) in a more empowering and participatory way.
- Commissioning Agent: Isandla Institute
- MoC Role: Direct contracting between MoC and Isandla Institute
- June - October 2017
We rendered the following services:
- Sole authorship of 30,000 report
- Presentation to Reference Group
- Hand over to Isandla Institute for final design
Relevant links to project activities:
- None (final design process of report in progress)
Supporting the lead Consultant Akanya in the Strategic Development Phase of UN Habitat Urban Lab for Cape Town funded by UK Government Prosperity Fund
Conceptualisation, design, research and wording of Planning for Informality
Production of a 30,000 word Guide for officials on participatory informal settlement upgrading.
Support the production of 10 analytical reports of enumeration data on close to 100,000 informal households.
Curate and faciliate a 5 day training course for 50 non-metro officials
Design and research of a departmental strategy including training programme and sector capacity building.