Greater Riverside Biodiversity Initiative
The Greater Riverside Biodiversity Initiative is a project of MEDP and City of Mbombela Local Government. It seeks to conserve 250ha of riparian forests and biodiversity along the Nels and Crocodile Rivers while providing a key green asset and recreational space to the community through an integrated service and management plan.
- Commissioning Agent: Mbombela Economic Development Partnership.
- MoC Role: Contracted by the project leader Talmar Sustainable Developments.
All graphics © Making of Cities. All rights reserved.
- Phase 1: September - November 2017
- Phase 2: Fundraising stage
We rendered the following services:
- Desktop research into local and international best practice, and workshop facilitation.
- Spatial planning advice and policy research of three tiers of government (spatial, capital, biodiversity, etc);
- Recommended urban design treatment of edge conditions to Riperian Area;
- Recommended urban management structures to create capacity to manage the park;
- Identification of catalytic projects.
Relevant links to project activities:
- None (work in progress)