Establishment of the Metro Central Partnership
The Economic Development Partnership was appointed by the City of Cape Town to lead the pre-planning stages in setting up a new initiative with Airport Company South Africa called the Metro Central Partnership. We are appointed to lead a research task into lessons from practice of existing partnerships (e.g. CTP, GTP, PEDI, HBP, KCT) and to produce the business plan based on EDP inputs and research.
- Commissioning Agent: EDP
- MoC Role: Direct contracting between MoC and EDP
- December 2017 - April 2018
We rendered the following services:
- Production of 6,000 - 8,000 word research report in EDP branding collateral including interviews with CEOs, CCT Directors, Staff members, and clients.
- Support to EDP in steering committees
- Production of draft business plan, interations, and final presentation to CCT Councilor Sitting.
Relevant links to project activities:
Support the business planning of Metro Central Partnership, an initiative between City of Cape Town and ACSA
Design and research of a departmental strategy including training programme and sector capacity building.
A review of NMBM investment plans as part of Cities Support Programme, National Treasury
Curate and faciliate a 5 day training course for 50 non-metro officials
Research and project design for place making and management strategies in Bellville and Parow CBDs.
Title deed searches and workshops with property owners.
Run 4x Talking Streets events.
Stakeholder engagement, facilitation, and 8-10 position statements.
Conserve and manage 250ha of riperian forest in Mbombela.