Establishment of the Metro Central Partnership
The Economic Development Partnership was appointed by the City of Cape Town to lead the incubation and establishment of the Metro Central Partnership. Airport Company South Africa is also a founding partner. We are appointed to lead a research task into lessons from practice of existing partnerships (e.g. CTP, GTP, PEDI, HBP, KCT) and to produce the business plan based on EDP inputs and research. Following completion of the above, we delivered programme management of the Human Settlements and Blue Downs Corridor programme areas.
- Commissioning Agent: Economic Development Partnership
- MoC Role: Direct contracting between MoC and EDP
- December 2017 - September 2018
We rendered the following services:
- Production of 6,000 - 8,000 word research report in EDP branding collateral including interviews with CEOs, CCT Directors, Staff members, and clients.
- Support to EDP in steering committees
- Production of draft business plan, interations, and final presentation to CCT Councilor Sitting.
- Programme management of Human Settlements and Blue Downs Corridor components for MCP March - July 2018
Relevant links to project activities:
- Work in progress
Supporting the lead Consultant Akanya in the Strategic Development Phase of UN Habitat Urban Lab for Cape Town funded by UK Government Prosperity Fund
Project management services for the social enterprise Ranyaka
Support the business planning of Metro Central Partnership, an initiative between City of Cape Town and ACSA
Stakeholder engagement, facilitation, and 8-10 position statements.
Conserve and manage 250ha of riperian forest in Mbombela.
Run 4x Talking Streets events.
Research and project design for place making and management strategies in Bellville and Parow CBDs.
Title deed searches and workshops with property owners.
A review of NMBM investment plans as part of Cities Support Programme, National Treasury
Curate and faciliate a 5 day training course for 50 non-metro officials